PLEASE NOTE: THIS SET IS A LED LIGHTING KIT ONLY. LEGO® SETS ARE NOT INCLUDED.
Follow LIGHTAILING® step-by-step instruction book to light up your Hogwart's Castle 71043,something amazing will happen at night. (LEGO set is not included)
ABOUT Hogwart's Castle LIGHTAILING® LIGHTING KIT
This lighting kit is designed specially for the LEGO® Harry Potter Series Hogwart's Castle 71043.Bring magical shine to your Hogwart's Castle 71043 .This highly detailed LEGO® model is a spectacle in itself,but when paired with Lightailing lighting kit,this charming model come alive,not only during the day,but also at night.
LIGHTAILING Lighting Kits provide an easy way for LEGO® fans to customize their models using LED lights.With detailed,step-by-step instructions books,anyone can light up their LEGO® set.All our kits are plug and play - no electronics knowledge needed!
ABOUT WHAT INCLUDED
►The set with customized led wire,led light and bricks.
►AA Battery Pack (AA Batteries are not included).
►Step-by-step instructions books.(Just as the LEGO set building way,but easier.)
►Universal instructions books.
►Original LIGHTAILING® box with well package.
You want to make a Lego Hogwarts castle? Well, then you have come to the right place. Both kids and adults love to spend time while creating these amazing structures at home. Though these are the mini structures of what you have seen in the Harry Potter series of movies, then also creating the Harry Potter Lego Castle at home can bring a great level of fun and enjoyment for you.
For the busy parents who use to stay worried about their kids, assigning them with the work to create the Lego Hogwarts castle can always bring peace of mind! You are out of the home while leaving your kids. This brings great stress for you. Bring home the Lego Hogwarts and allow them to play with such puzzle toys!
First, the PROS:
- Full-fledged set with everything included: pre-installed LED lights, USB connectors and a battery pack (batteries not included duh).
- Excellent instructions. Step-by-step with photos of how to carefully take apart the set and install the lights.
- Beautiful lighting color design, with one exception (see below)
- Real LEGO pieces.
- Great price.
- Good customer service.
- Can we talk about the disco lights? One LED and the stand-alone "mood" lights are flashing. Why? This adds nothing to the design and is in fact quite distracting. I would rather have a slow color change than the flash-flash-flash. Luckily, it is only one small LED and the stand-alones mood lights which don't need to be connected at all.
- Tiny wires WILL get snapped no matter how carefully you try. However, a little solder and a gentle hand can bring them back to life.
- In a couple of places, it was hard to understand from the photos exactly where a wire was supposed to be laid. In those cases, it would have been good to have a close-up.
- Absolutely beautiful! This set really makes the Hogwarts Castle come alive. The lights are placed in excellent locations with nice color choices to highlight the set. A great price for everything, considering how extensive the Castle is. The flashing disco lights on a couple of the places are not appropriate, and it would be great to see them changed in future sets.
Teilweise zu kurze Kabel Abstände aber sonst ein tolles Set. Deshalb nur 4 von 5 Sternen.
First a few things to mention right away.
1) The wires used for this are REALLY thin and REALLY fragile. They will break really easily. I had to do some repair work and one was when the wires came out of a connector.
2) I suggest plugging in each strand as you are installing them so you can make sure they work and make sure you see them go out if something goes wrong.
3) Even though the instructions (all done with pictures) suggest hiding a bunch of the wires you may want to hide them a different way than instructed. For example installing the light posts I followed the instructions and a wire got cut in between some bricks. Changed how the wires went and it still looks pretty good.
4) Don't glue the pieces together before installing the lights. It REALLY slows you down.
Those things being said it is a pretty cool set and works great lighting it up. I posted some pictures on Facebook and have only received compliments.
By the time I was done about 85% of all the lights are working. Two of the 5 tower lights didn't light afterwards - that was when I started installing with them plugged in. A couple of wires got cut and I fixed them (I can solder pretty well so I spliced them together). Don't know yet what happened with the light posts and boat house (they worked when I was done installing - still trouble shooting). And one light that had a cut wire I liked the look better without the light.
Overall it really adds a lot to the model. If you are up to the task it is worth do it.
And one added bonus. The last set of lights rotate colors and are actually separate from the other lights. I realized I could use them for other things connected to a USB power stick.