Lego Technic model Liebherr R 9800 Excavator 42100 is a perfect replica of the original model boasting of exquisite engineering details. What makes the set more attractive is the LED lighting kit from Lightailing that can be installed by anyone above six years old.
With as many as 4108 Lego pieces, the Liebherr R 9800 Excavator model from Lego Technic is designed as age-appropriate for 12+ years old and it creates a fusion of Lego building and mobile app simulation. This high-fidelity model runs with seven motors and two high-end Smart Hubs while the Lego building frenzy reaches a new height with the Technic Control+ app from Lego. Not only the realistic features but also the motorized functions are equally commendable as you rotate the vehicle, operate its bucket and boom, record its movements with the smart device and steer forward or backward. When so much is stored in a single structure created in association with Liebherr, why not make it more stunning with the LED lights provided by Lightailing?
Thorough Idea of the Liebherr R 9800 Excavator 42100 Model
Once you bright up Liebherr R 9800 Excavator Lego set, cockpit, access ways, extendable ladder, 4 L and 3 XL motors and other features get highlighted. As you take complex maneuvers with precise control, thanks to the two smart hubs and Technic Control+, the interactive digital play opportunities with authentic graphics on four control screens will keep you hooked.
- With the multifunction control, users can raise, lower and extend the boom, rotate the structure, steer, reverse and drive forward-backward, tilt and open the bucket, add sound effects while getting feedback in real-time such as drive distance, power usage, boom position, etc.
- While the Lego night light kit highlights the structure, you can try out custom movements by using preset commands on Custom-built Movements panel and record all the actions for creating a complex series of movements on the Challenges and Achievements panel. The One-Touch panel lets you choose drag patterns on the screen to control arm, boom, and bucket with a real-time response from the excavator.
- The Excavator with XL and L motors has two Smart hubs controlled by Bluetooth Low Energy or BLE connectivity. It has six-axis sensors including three accelerometer and three gyro sensors, four connectivity ports and an activation button.
Lightening Up the Liebherr R 9800 42100 Set With LED Light Kit
The best Lego light kits enrich the look with sticker detailing and stunning color scheme while the app connects to the multiple hubs for realistic and precise movements. As the light accessories are delicate and can cause choking hazards, you should keep the light kit away from kids below six.
- The AA battery pack requires three batteries which you have to buy separately and make sure to buy spare ones. Connect the USB power cord with the USB hub and refer to the illustrations and installation steps as mentioned in the instruction manual of the light kit for Liebherr R 9800 Excavator. Check the user guide for the latter installation.
- Place the warm white LEDs wherever instructed and pass the connecting wires comfortably beneath and between the stubs while concealing them. Test the accessories properly before the final installation.
You get two years of warranty guaranteed by the after-sale card and for return or replacement due to defect, you get the window of a week. Assemble the Lego structure first and then start with the light kit.