Assembling small Lego pieces properly is immersive and addictive at the same time, but, when you can control the assembled structure with your mobile app, the Lego building experience gets undoubtedly rewarding. The motorized hi-tech 4x4 X-treme Off-Roader 42099 model from Lego Technic series comes with 958 pieces that can be assembled by any enthusiast above 11 years old.
It includes a top-notch smart hub made of three motors that power the engine and the whole model can be operated by the app called Lego Technic Control+ which lets this advanced vehicle steer in all directions while traversing through obstacles with real-time device feedback regarding tilt and speed. But, the real surprise lies in the handmade light kit from Lightailing that makes playful drives in darkness enjoyable.
Know More About 4X4 X-treme Off-Roader Set
Building the super-realistic 4X4 X-treme Off-Roader Lego set of 12” length, 7” height and 8” width is nothing less than an educational play experience with advanced engineering elements. From completing challenges for reward badges to letting the rugged truck ascend through rough terrain with independent suspension –there is no dearth of excitement.
- The intuitive app runs on any compatible smart device featuring three alternative screens to enable perfectly precise functionality and movement, dynamic sound effects, and fabulous digital play combos.
- With 1-touch control, you can drag any direction onscreen to watch the truck performing maneuvers and with multi-function control, you can let the truck reverse, drive forward, brake, accelerate and pass obstacles –all with feedbacks for tilt, speed, and skill.
- When you light up Legos, the truck with a vibrant color scheme gets highlighted along with the large wheels, chunky tires, and intricate stickers. The smart hub has BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) connectivity, four connectivity ports and three accelerometer and three gyro axis sensors to run the complex gear mechanism.
Lightening Up The 4X4 X-treme Off-roader Set
As the 4X4 X-treme Off-Roader is an advanced model, it is recommended that you finish assembling the set at first, make sure it is working with the smart device and download the app under parental guidance. Afterward, open up each packet of the light kit and test them because you can replace or return any defective item within a week.
- The best Lego light kits include two warm white 30cm LEDs for the headlights and two red 30cm LEDs for taillights along with four white 15cm LEDs, two yellow 30cm LEDs, two multi color changing string, a blue and a warm white strip light.
- The universally written instruction manual with illustration and the user guide book will help you in light setup while the after-sale warranty card offers a 2-years warranty.
- Prepare the brick separators to pass the two 15cm and a 5cm connecting cable safely without tampering. Set up the light kit for 4X4 X-treme Off-Roader with Adhesive Square and two expansion boards with 6 and 12 ports respectively.
- Customize with the four random colored bricks and connect the 30cm USB cable with the hub. While you purchase batteries for the truck, get AA batteries for the battery pack of the light kit.
Expert or layman, the light kit is designed for all with its plug-and-play design. With customizable lights and advanced engineering elements, the set will improve reaction times, enhance creativity, problem-solving and cognitive thinking skills.