Are you eagerly waiting for the Disney+ Loki series or the upcoming Black Widow movie as an array of movies and limited series are already lined up for the next few years? Whether you have always been a hardcore Marvel fan or have started watching movies, series and reading comics under peer pressure and now loving it, the Lego Marvel collection is there to enthrall you even more.
If you think that the Lego franchise for Marvel is all about kid-friendly and expert-level models, you have to check out the Lego games that guarantee you action-packed scenarios just like the movies or comics. So, if you are wondering which games to choose, let’s have a look at the three games currently in the market and find out the best Lego Marvel game to play.
Tips: Please also check the fantastic led lighting kits for the Lego Marvel building sets if you own one of them.
1. Lego Marvel Avengers Game
The blockbuster movie from 2012, Marvel The Avengers gets its Lego video game version where you can role-play as the best Lego Marvel super heroes. The critically acclaimed Avengers: Age of Ultron adventures also gets addressed in this first videogame console. You get to unlock over 100 characters like iron Man, Hulk, Thor and Captain America, as well as new characters.
There are iconic locations to explore from the Marvel Cinematic Universe where you get to relive the famous actions like Loki’s arrival in New York and Ultron’s ravage, all with the Lego humor. The open-world setup lets you collect studs and bricks for unlocking the mightiest heroes and villains alongside the additional characters. With new abilities and enhanced powers, you can team up with other Avengers for combo moves.
2. Lego Marvel Super Heroes Game
Among all Lego Marvel games, the Marvel Super Heroes can be considered as the most popular one as here you get over a hundred superheroes and supervillains characters from the Marvel world to role-play. This is the original and the first Super Heroes game that features many battle sequences like the Avengers against Loki in the Avengers movie and against Ultron from The Age of Ultron. From Iron Man to Captain America, Spiderman to Black Widow, Wolverine to Deadpool and villains like Loki are there to take part in the movie and comic-based adventures.
3. Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 Game
To reprise the Super Heroes game, this game comes with more action and can easily be considered as one of the best Lego Marvel games. Here the players can travel across different timelines like Avengers Endgame and get to play as the favorite supervillains and superheroes. The all-new sequel to the epic original adventure comes packed with characters from all era and reality while the original storyline revolves around the cosmic battle in various locations into the Chronopolis open hub. With Lego humor to entertain all age-groups, enjoy time-travelling and exploring 18 locations including Ancient Egypt with the Conqueror Kang, Sakaar, the Old West or New York in 2099, Xander etc from Marvel Universe.
The game storyline starts right where the Marvel Super Heroes game ends and the award-winning author of the comic book Avengers Forever, Kurt Busiek makes sure that the branching story features diversified characters. Star-Lord, Groot, Gamora, Rocket, Drax, Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Spiderman, Spider-Gwen, Doctor Strange, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye, Ant-Man, Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel, Hulk and Black Panther are there to greet you.
What is better, there is time manipulation feature to go forward and backward for changing the course of the game, uncover secrets, help characters complete levels and let same characters from different era meet, such as current Captain America and Cowboy Captain America, Spiderman 2099 and Spiderman Noir etc.
Why Marvel Super Heroes Game Is The Best To Start With
The first of the two Lego Superheroes Marvel games can be your best option to delve into the Lego gaming world as it has characters from X-Men, Avengers, Spiderman and other universes. If you are new to the Marvel gaming world, this game will present you the original storyline from every corner of the Marvel Universe, whether it is to defeat Loki in united way or face the other Marvel supervillains as they assemble the super weapon to destroy the world. The reasons why it is considered as the best game to start with are as followed –
- You get to chase and capture the Cosmic Bricks while traveling through the Lego setup of Manhattan city, as well as other important locations from the universe such as the Stark Tower, X-Mansion, Hydra Base, Avengers’ Helicarrier, Asgard and Asteroid M.
- You will be familiar with the abilities and strengths of the characters before getting in the more adventurous actions of the Super Heroes 2 game. Iron Man can hover, fly, shoot missiles and unleash powerful unibeam from chest while Captain America can throw the mighty shield at enemies and objects, shields himself from attacks and create platform by embedding into the wall. Hulk smashes while Spiderman has super-sense to locate objects otherwise invisible to others and crawl up walls.
- If you are confused about which Lego Marvel game is the best, this game will clear your doubts by letting you customize with the characters and show off the new powerful movements like the “Big-Fig” characters such as Abomination and Hulk. Smash and destroy Lego walls and use the hyper strength to throw cars around.
- The Free Play mode lets you have full control over the superpowers while the Cameo Tag team assists you in getting the superpowers. You will learn how to earn rewards by completing challenges so that the other two Marvel games seem easier to play. Flight, invisibility and super strength are the abilities offered and you get to learn fast-paced fight moves or activating the supermoves such as the Arc Reactor of Iron Man and Thunder Clap of Hulk.
Lightening Up Lego Models To Prepare For The Games
The Lego models from the Marvel category might fail to evoke the excitement as there is no light and sound, thereby adapting to the video game interface might be a bit daunting for beginners or even experts. To help you out, there are Lego LED lights that will highlight your Lego models and you will get an idea about how the audio-visual setup of the games will be like.
For example, the Iron Man Hall of Armor 76125 light kit, The Hulkbuster Smash-Up 76104 light kit and Stark Jet and the Drone Attack 76130 lighting kit can be great options to prepare for the Marvel Avengers Game. For the Marvel Super Heroes and Marvel Super Heroes 2 games, you can make the best out of the lights kits for Thanos: Ultimate Battle 76107, War Machine Buster 76124, Ultimate Quinjet 76126 and The Hulkbuster Ultron Edition 76105 etc.
Each light kit is easy to install if you follow the instructions and illustrations from the manual and the LEDs will highlight the main parts of the sets. When you are playing the Super Heroes game, you will be prepared of how the stories unfold.