Be it a kid or a teen, an adult or a senior, the craze for Lego building remains unaffected because of the satisfaction of seeing an entire model perfectly assembled. Lego models are created in such a way that there is no limitation to how many ways you can assemble one model as that is evident when you see a little kid try to put Lego pieces together.
They have no idea about personalized Lego structures but can spontaneously combine different pieces together to come up with a new structure altogether or even a Minifigure in different posture or attire than what is instructed for that particular Lego set. That being said, you can combine led lights for different models or Minifigures for a more unique or personalized look.
How To Personalize Lego Sets
You can easily customize different Lego models by customizing the Mini-dolls or even adding and combining lights, thanks to the plug-and-play LED lighting kits from Briksmax and Lightailing. Here are the two ways to personalize Lego and make your building experience even more enthralling –
Creating And Customizing Minifigures
Any Lego store has a custom ‘Build a Mini’ section where you will find a tower full of different types of heads, helmets, different accessories like lightsabers, pistols and more, legs, hands, torsos and other parts.
Each Minifigure from different category such as Star Wars, Batman, Marvel Avengers, Ninjago, Lego Friends, Harry Potter, Stranger Things, F.R.I.E.N.D.S, The Big Bang Theory etc consists of different features. You can go for custom Lego heads, torsos etc to make a Minifigure of your choice. In case you are confused, the Brick specialists at the store will be able to help.
However, in this Covid-stricken situation if you are unable to visit a store, there is nothing to worry as you have a plethora of selections available online, thanks to the Pick a Brick service and the Bricks & Pieces that lets you order your required pieces online or browse through the custom Lego Minifigures. There is no limitation to mix and match the Minifigure pieces, for example –
- The 1989 Batwing 76161 set contains the Minifigures of Batman, Joker and Boombox goon while the 1989 Batmobile 76139 comes with new face and torso decorations for both Joker and Batman along with the new legs and torso for Vicki Vale. You can easily combine the two Batman and Joker Minifigures with different face and torso and create personalized Lego people to recreate different moments from the movie.
- The Mos Eisley Cantina 75290 set contains 21 assorted Minifigures including R2-D2 droid, Chewbacca, Han Solo and Obi-Wan Kenobi. The Millennium Falcon 75192 contains four classic crew figures including Chewbacca, Han Solo and three crew figures from Episode VII and VIII including Rey and older Han Solo. You can combine the common figures from these two models or mix up to create different moments from different Star Wars movies.
Lightening Up Lego Model With LED Lights
Lighted Legos always look better than the dull unlit ones, especially when you have turned off the room lights and it is dark outside. You can check out the LED lighting kits from both Lightailing and Briksmax as those are handmade and will not need much expertise to install. As the Lego plates are small and lighting accessories very delicate, it is important that you finish assembling each model before unboxing the light kit box so that no part gets damaged or lost.
There are lighting kits for all categories to light up Lego bricks such as –
- Batman lights for Penguin Arctic Roller 70911, 1989 Batmobile 76139, Riddle Racer 70903 etc
- Disney lights for Disney Castle 71040, Steamboat Willie 21317, Elsa’s Magical Ice Palace 41148 and 43172 etc
- Technic lights for Land Rover Defender 42110, Bugatti Chiron 42083, Porsche 911 RSR 42096 etc
- Harry Potter lights for Diagon Alley 75978, Hogwarts Castle 71043, Hogwarts Express 75955 etc
- Star Wars lights forYoda 75255, Imperial Star Destroyer 75252, Darth Vader’s Castle 75251, X-Wing Star Fighter 75218 etc
What is better, you can even combine the lights for different models to create extensive sets of custom made Legos such as –
- Lighting kit for Dirt Road Pursuit 60172 can be combined with other Lego City models like Van & Caravan 60117, Mobile Command Center 60139 and so on.
- Creator model light kits for Winter Village Fire Station 10263, Gingerbread House 10267, Winter Holiday Train 10249, Elf Club House 10275etc can be combined for a Christmas special display.
- Various Lego Ninjago scenes can be enacted by combining the lights for different models like Ninjago City 70620, City Gardens 71741, Monastery of Spinjitzu 70670, Ninjago City Docks 70657 etc
Be it Marvel or Ideas, Minecraft or Simpsons, Architecture or Jurassic World, Hidden Side or Overwatch –there are lights and Minifigures for each category. It is up to you how much you can use your creativity for each Lego model or a group of Lego models.